Thursday, January 7, 2016

Rae's Shopping Adventure in Florence

Time to go shopping!   I had heard there was a Brands Outlet place near Florence and decided to check it out. Just before I hopped on to the wrong bus I found out that there there are actually two outlet shopping centres near Florence, each serviced by almost identical black coaches. I had already chosen to shop at The Mall – I had not heard of the Designer Outlet place , so jumped on this very comfortable coach which proceeded to travel forty-five minutes out of Florence, high up in the foothills. Opened in 2000 with five high end brand shops, today there are over 50 stores housed in several modern buildings including a 3 story Gucci complex, in neat landscaped grounds. By far the most popular store was Burberry, which always had a queue of at least 20 people outside.  Overall the items offered were not inspiring  to me, but I did purchase some ‘needs’ at the Armani store. So The Mall has been ‘done’ and not to be again – perhaps I would try the Designer Outlet in future.


For our evening meal we were recommended several places, including the renowned Gabi – however when we arrived, its refurbishment was not yet complete  -we were a day too early!  However we managed to placate ourselves at a nearby restaurant which delivered some more delicious Italian local fare for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment