Friday, December 4, 2009

The French Riviera

Ah - the South of France - isn't this everyone's neck of the woods dream to visit, lie in the warm sun and mingle with celebrities? We purchased a 'Le Tan' package at a hotel in Nice and arrived on a cool overcast day all set to relax after our cruise. As well as a very good rate which included an excellent breakfast, robes, slippers and products to make our bathroom activities more relaxing, free visits to the hotel solaruim was promoted. That sounds like me! Where are the relaxing products in the bathroom? Oh - there they are - shampoo and bath gel. Oh well, I will just zip up to the solarium and work on my tan. Up on the 12th floor the swimming pool was empty - well it was no longer the summer season. But where is the solarium? Down to Reception to enquire. That area around the pool is the solarium, I was told. What? How can I get a suntan up there? There is no sun!!!!

There was a pause as the folks at Reception gave me a funny look. What did I expect at this time of year? Do you have an indoor solaruim? In the sunny South of France?? You must be kidding....

No comments:

Post a Comment